In an attempt to prevent possible misuse, Railway Ministry has introduced new checks on booking of e-ticket and i-ticket through IRCTC website.
Under the new provisions a maximum of six tickets can be booked online by an individual user in a month on IRCTC website. This new provision will come into effect from February 15, 2016.
“This has been done keeping in view the analysis of usage of quota of 10 tickets which indicated that ninety per cent of users are booking up to six tickets in a given month and only 10 per cent are making more than six tickets,” said a press release from the Railway Ministry.
The revised rules for booking ticket through IRCTC are as follows:
1. Individuals are allowed only two tickets per user-ID in a day from 8 am to 10 am.
2. Individuals are allowed only two tickets per user-ID in a day for Tatkal booking from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon.
3. A maximum of 6 tickets can be booked online in a month by an individual.
4. Quick Book Option is disabled from 08 am to 12 noon
5. All types of ticketing agents (YTSK, RTSA, IRCTC agents etc.) have been debarred from booking tickets during the first thirty minutes of opening of booking i.e. from 08 am to 08:30 am for general bookings, and from 10 am to 10:30 am and 11:00 am to 11:30 am for Tatkal booking in AC and non-AC classes respectively.
6. Booking is not allowed through e-wallet and cash cards from 8 am to 12 noon.
7. There is only one booking in one user login session except for return/onward journey between 08 am to 12 noon.
Source – The Hindu